Version 1.5.5 - 31st May 2017
- Performance improvements.
- Fixed a bug that would cause Jarvis Lite not to start when a microphone was not present or set to default. Now an error message is displayed instead.
- Fixed incorrect tooltips.
Version 1.5.4 - 3rd Apr 2017
- Performance improvements.
- Fixed a bug where a problem with saved shell commands wouldn't always be detected.
- Fixed a problem where Jarvis would speak the date incorrectly for some system cultures.
Version 1.5.3 - 17th Aug 2016
- Multiple custom commands can now be removed at once.
- You can now choose to disable default commands.
Version 1.5.2 - 15th Jul 2016
- Fixed a bug where an XML CDATA tag was displayed in the latest news window.
Version 1.5.1 - 27th Jun 2016
- You can now choose to play audio media files inside Jarvis Lite automatically.
Version 1.5.0 - 26th Mar 2016
- Fixed an issue where asking for weather information wouldn't work.
Version 1.4.9 - 16th Mar 2016
- You can now input '[random]' into the location box before a directory for shell commands to randomly select one file inside to launch.
- Minor GUI improvements.
Version 1.4.8 - 12th Mar 2016
- You can now drag a file or folder onto the browse button on custom shell commands.
- Add, edit and remove buttons on custom commands now enable only when relevant.
- Increased the delay on all tooltips.
- Subtle colour change on unfocused windows.
- Fixed an issue where the social commands list on custom commands would have an obtrusive scrollbar with long commands.
Version 1.4.7 - 9th Mar 2016
- You can now use the enter key when creating a new command to add it.
Version 1.4.6 - 21st Feb 2016
- The preferences window now notifies you when you have unsaved changes and prompts you to save when closing the window.
- Added a warning when trying to open multiple instances, and the option to allow it.
Version 1.4.5 - 18th Feb 2016
- Jarvis can now read out the latest news directly from the latest news window, just by pressing 'listen'.
- Categories on the show commands window are now formatted distinctly.
- Fixed an issue where the latest news window would open twice.
- Numerous other bug fixes in the latest news window.
Version 1.4.4 - 16th Feb 2016
- Fixed some icons on buttons not displaying properly.
Version 1.4.3 - 14th Feb 2016
This update is primarily to fix Windows 7 compatibility. A big thank you to Mark P.
- Message boxes now have an updated style.
- Jarvis Lite now works on systems running Windows 7.
- Fixed listening hotkey not working when ctrl was selected as the first key.
Version 1.4.2 - 1st Feb 2016
- Fixed a crash caused by dragging some windows from certain points.
Version 1.4.1 - 27th Jan 2016
- Added tooltips throughout the application.
- Fixed a problem that caused message box windows to be full screen.
- Fixed a graphical glitch with the preferences window.
- Fixed a problem where the transparency slider in preferences would not respond to arrow keys.
Version 1.4.0 - 25th Jan 2016
It is now 1 year since Jarvis Lite was first released, and we are celebrating with a brand new redesigned theme! We have also made huge improvements to the speed and efficiency of Jarvis Lite, along with a multitude of new features and improvements. A good update wouldn't be without its fair share of bug fixes, and this update is no exception; fixing the listening hotkey, Google search and many, many more.
- Added new default commands: "scroll up" and "scroll down".
- Added share buttons to the latest news window, with options including email, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Resigned all windows with a brand new theme.
- Increased the size of all windows to display more information.
- Increased the performance throughout the whole application.
- The storage space Jarvis Lite requires has been reduced.
- The latest news window now displays the date and time at which the news article was published.
- Responses for all custom commands except social commands are now automatically set to '[none]' when left blank.
- Fixed an error that would prevent an error message being spoken if shell commands were setup incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug that prevented search Google from working.
- Fixed a problem where the listening hotkey would not toggle the listening status of Jarvis.
- Fixed numerous other small bugs and visual glitches.
Version 1.3.7 - 18th Jan 2016
- Improved the efficiency of hotkey commands.
- Space has been added to the existing collection of keys that you could set in the custom hotkey commands.
- Fixed a problem where hotkey commands would not work correctly when no modifier key was selected.
- Fixed an error that would cause an incorrect error message to be spoken if social commands were setup incorrectly.
Version 1.3.6 - 29th Nov 2015
- You can now input '[none]' into the response box for all types of commands to prevent Jarvis from saying a response.
Version 1.3.5 - 15th Nov 2015
- You can now choose whether or not to search Google's encrypted subdomain or not in preferences.
- Speed of weather report is now quicker.
Version 1.3.4 - 14th Nov 2015
- Minor performance improvements.
- Fixed a graphical issue in the Custom Commands window.
Version 1.3.3 - 13th Nov 2015
- The Main UI spinning ring and all images are now of a much higher quality.
- The Main UI Preferences, Commands and Dictation buttons have had the white background removed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the termination window browse list to not correctly update each time it was accessed.
Version 1.3.2 - 4th Aug 2015
- "Temp Format" preference which allows the user to set the desired format of weather temperature information, between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
Version 1.3.1 - 1st Aug 2015
- You can now set a custom command with multiple different commands linked to the same function. For example if you entered: 'Hello|Hi Jarvis|Hey Jarvis' as a command when setting a custom command, Jarvis will respond and carry out the function (shell, termination or hotkey command) whenever you say either of those commands. This system is pipe delimited, like the randomised responses feature. NOTE: There must not be any blank spaces either side of the pipe delimiter.
Version 1.3.0 - 16th Jul 2015
- You can now set Jarvis to say one of many responses randomly. Use a pipe (|) as a delimiter to the possible responses that Jarvis could say. For example if you entered: 'OK Sir|Sure thing|Already done' as a response when setting a custom command, Jarvis will randomly pick one to respond to you with.
- Space and Enter have been added to the existing collection of keys that you could set in the custom hotkey commands.
Version 1.2.9 - 11th Jul 2015
- Edit button has been added to the custom commands window.
- Main UI buttons are now black instead of blue.
Version 1.2.8 - 4th Jul 2015
- The audio spectrum that is on the main UI is no longer static, but changes when Jarvis speaks.
- The buttons on the main UI have been redesigned with a blue color scheme.
Version 1.2.7 - 20th Jun 2015
- Added new default commands: "start listening" and "stop listening" which allow you to start/stop Jarvis from listening.
Version 1.2.6 - 30th May 2015
- Added Google search feature. Search anything on Google with just your voice. To use this feature, just say "search Google". After Jarvis' prompt 'what for?' procede with your search content.
- Added new default commands: "stop talking", "stop speaking" and "cancel speech" which all cancel whatever Jarvis is currently saying.
Version 1.2.3 - 19th May 2015
- Fixed a bug that caused the Jarvis Lite GUI to reset to center screen.
Version 1.2.2 - 18th May 2015
- GUI Transparency slider now only goes down to 10, rather than 0.
- Fixed an issue where setting the GUI transparency to less than 10 would not update the actual transparency.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash if the GUI transparency saved incorrectly.
Version 1.2.1 - 17th May 2015
- "Always on top" feature in preferences which allows the user to set the Jarvis Lite main GUI to be topmost (stay on top of all other windows).
- "GUI transparency" feature in preferences - you can now change the opacity levels of the main Jarvis Lite interface.
Version 1.2.0 - 1st Apr 2015
- Dictation feature: When you say "start dictation" Jarvis will type whatever you then say. Say "stop dictation" to exit back into command mode.
- Dictation button on MainUI to enable and disable dictation mode.
- Custom Hotkey Commands feature.
Version 1.1.0 - 9th Feb 2015
- Added a stylish new HUD designed message box.
- Custom hotkey to start/stop Jarvis from listening. Choose from Ctrl/Shift/Alt + A-Z/0-9 in the Preferences Window (the hotkey is Alt+M by default).
- Start on Windows startup option in preferences.
- Universal '.acwjl' file extension to launch Jarvis Lite.
- Smooth MainUI edge anti-aliasing.
- Custom termination commands now lets the user know if an application is not already running when they try to initiate a termination command.
- Increased the length of time the green colour shows on the main window when Jarvis Lite recognises a command.
- Improved reliability and performance, especially with recognising commands.
- Fixed an issue where shell commands would fail whilst trying to start an unrecognized application.
- Fixed a bug where the colour on the MainUI would show white when it should be red.
- Fixed a bug where saving preferences with incorrect information more than once would cause incorrect information to display in the message box.
- Fixed a problem where some Jarvis Lite windows would try to open full screen.
Version 1.0.1 - 26th Jan 2015
- Added a new default command: "What is tomorrows forecast".
- Adjustments have been made to the News Window.
- Some grammatical errors have been fixed.
Version 1.0.0 - 25th Jan 2015